I know I’ve been real MIA lately. Life has been crazy and I’m trying to get a few things in order; PLUS I’ve been brainstorming about 2015 plans so while I haven’t been updating the blog that doesn’t mean I stopped working! 😀
Which brings me to this post! As we all know the Christmas is right around the corner and if you’re anything like me then you’re still clueless on what to get your loved ones. I seriously wait until the last minute every year lol. What’s great about this post is that I’ve been given the awesome opportunity to team up with ALIVE Magazine to help all of us break free from our last minute shopping and get some unique gift ideas from local STL businesses! I’m talking jewelry, zip lining, fashion goodies, great eats and much more! I was so excited when they reached out to me and after viewing some of these brands; I’ve found some new faves that I can’t wait to try out!
So just sit back, scroll down and enjoy my #ALIVEHoliday gift guide!!
Just for Fun
Has anyone ever been zip lining? I haven’t and it’s been on my to do list for a LONG time!! I didn’t even know we had a zip lining course in STL until recently and let’s just say I’m beyond excited!! Everyone who has a bit of adventure in their system should definitely Go Ape and visit Missouri’s first and only treetop adventure course in Creve Coeur. With numerous rope ladders, 39 crossings, two Tarzan swings and five zip lines, this is sure to be a great “just for fun” gift for family, friends, bosses, the boy next door…ANYONE!!
A Fashionista’s Christmas
If any of you have a loved one who is a fashionista then it is a MUST that you shower them with chic fashion goodies this Christmas! CLR-MNSTR is one of my favorite local boutiques and they always have unique and fun items to choose from! So whether they’re attending a holiday party, family dinner or a weekend full of shopping, they will do it all in style with these picks from CLR-MNSTR!
1. VICTOLA “An Arrow” Motto Jacket – Something Star Trek comes your way in this moto jacket in olive and black. This handmade piece comes straight from Victrola, a designer out of St. Louis. PRICE: $92
2. VICTROLA Black Bodysuit w/Polka Dot Mesh – Handmade by a designer out of St. Louis, it is definitely a one of a kind piece to add to your wardrobe. Suitable for any age. Go play. PRICE: $45
3. MUSTARD SEED Coming Up Roses Cropped Floral Sweater – Everything will be coming up roses once you slip on this cropped sweater. The Rose print and vibrant yellow contrast detail will have a direct affect on your mood, rising those spirits and feeling absolutely rosy. PRICE: $54
I’m Dreaming of Jewelry
Jewelry and accessories make the PERFECT gifts for Christmas. I mean who doesn’t love a beautiful necklace or earrings that sparkle under the tree on Christmas morning! I’m a sucker for layered necklaces and anything that’s personalized! Simply Lovely Handmade, Lateef Accessories, Sahgol Jewelry and Beltshazzar all have some pretty beautiful pieces that are sure to be the perfect gift for that special someone.
1. Simply Lovely Handmade Layered Everyday Necklaces – This set features two beautiful handmade 14K gold-filled or sterling silver layered necklaces. These necklaces are beautiful when worn separately, layered together or layered with other pieces in your collection!
2. Lateef Accessories Personalized Cursive Bracelet – Both delicate and dainty, this bracelet is wire wrapped by hand to form short statements, names or words. Perfect for best friends or a word of inspiration for self, this piece is popular for its simple charm. This bracelet can be customized in the gold, silver or copper finishes and usually include lowercase letters. PRICE: $15
3. Beltshazzar Jewels Empire Necklace – Caged stone pendant hangs from a block of black leather and long vintage brass chain. PRICE: $89
It’s a Beautiful Life
Hair, check. Makeup, check. Skincare, check.
All a woman really needs in her life is a great hairdresser, the perfect foundation and a great facial mask to keep her skin glowing! Thirteenth and Washington and Blissoma has all of that handled for those of you who are looking to give the gift of beauty this Christmas! Make sure you stop by Thirteenth and Washington’s holiday party on December 13th to check out more of the services they provide!
1. Thirteenth and Washington – Not only is 13th & Washington known for trend setting hair styling, it also strives to make St. Louis a fashion destination while providing image consulting services to aspiring talent, business moguls and downtown dwellers.
2. Blissoma Lavish Loving Recovery Beta-glucan Mask – Lavish is a luxurious moisture immersion for whenever skin needs unsurpassed calming and care. Our thickest, richest recipe yet, this formula is manna from heaven for dry, stressed, sensitive, and inflamed skin. Anti-reactive herbs blend with a generous helping of restorative oils, oatmilk, and cupuacu butter to rebuild skin from deep within. PRICE: $33.99 (http://www.blissoma.com/Lavish–Loving-Recovery-Beta-glucan- Mask_p_105.html)
The Way to my Heart…
Holidays are all about giving, being with family and EATING well!!! So as you’re checking your holiday lists for your loved ones, make sure to add some holiday gift cards to Scape American Bistro and Hiro Asian Kitchen!! Scape’s Herb & Parmesan Snocchi is on their new fall menu and it sounds absolutely divine! If you purchase a $100 gift card you get $20 for yourself to test their new menu items! Hiro Asian Kitchen has an amazing Sunday brunch from 11am – 3pm and for the holidays if you purchase $100 in hilday gift cards you get $20 for yourself!
You know what they say, a way to someone’s heart is through their stomach! 😀
1. Scape American Bistro Herb & Parmesan Gnocchi – wild boar ragout, porcini oil, shaved parm
2. Hiro Asian Kitchen – HIRO, St. Louis’ comfortably stylish Asian comfort restaurant serves contemporary interpretations of traditional dishes from Taiwan, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and the rest of the Southeast Asian Island region. The chic space showcases a spectacular stone bar and a combination of communal and traditional table seating.
Don’t Ship it – Sprint it!!
So now that you have a list full of goodies, there’s no better way to “sprint” it to them than with SprintShip! Sprint Ship’s same day delivery solution is perfect way to shop locally!!
Sprint Ship – SprintShip is your same-day delivery solution – revolutionizing the way people live and shop locally. When tomorrow isn’t soon enough, don’t ship it-sprint it.
So what do you think about the #ALIVEHoliday gift guide?? So many cute and unique ideas!
Make sure you follow the #ALIVEHoliday hashtag on social media and ALIVE’s blogs for a month of festive tips, inspirations and events to make the season bright!
Happy Holidays everyone!!
This post was published in collaboration with ALIVE Media Group, the Midwest Influencer Network and mentioned brands. While I was compensated for this post, all opinions are my own.